Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Todays progress will have to do for tomorrow as well

I have the last coats of lacquer on the casework now. I think you all will be pleased, it is a very subtle sunburst now known throughout the shop as the "Bobburst". I am building the clone to this concertina at the same time, it is a little bit behind in construction.

I hear, late this afternoon, from my wife and daughter that I am to drive to Atlanta for a private Irish dance lesson for aforementioned daughter. This will take all day so I am here at the shop late tonite. We'll not make much progress tomorrow.

Jobs ahead on the tour concertina include building the action components; turning the buttons on the lathe; installing and balancing the action; installing the reeds; tuning and setting the reeds.

Wife and daughter will be out of town at a Feis (Irish dance competition) so I will be able to burn the midnite oil over the weekend.

Perhaps we can ship out to the first tourist early next week!

Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home