Tuesday, December 05, 2006

concertina review 11/26

Hi Bob,
Well, now that Thanksgiving has settled down a bit and the work week picks up again tomorrow, this is an ideal time for me to give you my impression(s).

I really miss playing your concertina. The sound is very sweet, not harsh. Initially, I thought that yours must have concertina reeds instead of accordion reeds...but I realize that that is not so. I think that the wood palm rest may be a little too big; but then I have small hands....I wear a 6 1/2 glove in the operating room.

The bellows is easy to work with, very compliant, not stiff. The buttons are very responsive, not hard to press. I found that your concertina enhanced my playing which is wonderful. I practice a lot and just knowing that a better instrument can make all the difference in the world is intriguing.

I am going to Noel Hill's Concertina class in Ireland in late February, is there any chance that your concertina would be available for purchase prior to that time, or do you have any concertinas that are near completion? If so, I would be interested in speaking with you about the possibility of purchasing one.

All the best to you,
xxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home